- To prepare and deliver fun and relevant Christian RE lessons
- To prepare and deliver whole school and class Collective Worship
- To organise class visits to the Beacon. This will include liaison with
school staff as well as Beacon volunteers and to ensure that CRB checks
and risk assessments are all up to date
- To establish child friendly prayer spaces within schools
- To produce teaching packs, worship material and resource boxes
that can be used in local schools to teach Christianity
- To support the setting up of RE curriculums for the schools
to prepare and deliver Fairtrade based worship and lessons
The story so far:
- IMPACT is involved regularly with 8 local schools as well as having contact with a number of others.
- IMPACT also works closely with local and national Christian organisations including NSYFC, local churches and
- Traidcraft and is involved in The Big Event – a city project bringing together local children for an afternoon of fun and worship.
History of the project:
IMPACT has been developed as a response to a need that the ‘Beacon’ sees in the city of Stoke on Trent especially amongst the young and those seeking to serve them through education, both teachers and school workers. The project was established by a trained RE teacher and supported by a recently retired deputy head and as such is tailored to help meet the needs of local schools. All the lessons and activities offered by IMPACT are compliant with the legal requirements of both the national and local authorities.